Thursday, April 02, 2009

Scottish Curler news

I was pleased to learn yesterday that the Scottish Curler name is not now to disappear. Clyde and Forth Press have had a rethink, and will continue to publish a printed magazine next season. The announcement is on the old Curling Today blog here.

I understand that one of the reasons for the change of mind was the feedback that long time supporters of the magazine sent in to Dunfermline when they heard it was to close. Well done to those who took the time and effort to make their views known.

There will be a new editorial team in charge next season. I decided to stand down as Editor when the move to some sort of e-magazine was first mooted in January. Then there were negotiations with the Royal Club, which came to naught. In case anyone is wondering in the light of yesterday's news, I have no inclination to turn the clock back, and the May issue of the magazine will be my last. But I'm sure the magazine will have a bright future in new hands.

In the meantime, I will continue to keep my finger on the pulse of our sport, as best as I am able, blogging at Skip Cottage. Thank you to all who have already become blogallies!

Bob

2 comments:

  1. and the new Editor/team will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know. I have not been told who will take over once my tenure as Editor comes to an end next month. When I hear I will certainly post the information on the blog.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete