Monday, April 13, 2009

Was it a dream?

I woke up this morning, wondering if it had been a dream. I switched on the computer and in my email was the photo above from Hugh Stewart in Moncton. David Murdoch, Ewan MacDonald, Pete Smith and Euan Byers DID win the Ford World Men's Curling Championship in the early hours of the morning!

Thanks to the Eurosport Player I had been able to watch the final live. Great production, with Luke Coley's knowlegeable commentary, and great value for money. It's a long time since I've been that excited at 3 am!

So well done to the boys. They are expected home tomorrow, Tuesday, around lunchtime I gather - the details will no doubt be put up on the RCCC website. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy reading what the Canadian pundits say about the defeat of their 'unbeatable' team. Here's a starter from Al Cameron's enjoyable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment