Sunday, June 27, 2010

Moffat Car Rally

Day 1 of the Moffat Car Rally, the biggest classic car event in Scotland. Yesterday saw some of the 800 or so entries assemble prior to a run in the countryside north of Moffat.

Rare to see these days, I was tickled to find this Vauxhall Victor 101 estate. This was my car when I had a holiday job as a sales rep in 1968!

Quite a spectrum of cars were on show yesterday.

The cars line up on the main street in Moffat before the run.

It was a beautiful day for the run up to St Mary's Loch and over to Tweedsmuir past the Megget and Talla reservoirs.

One of these days I might reveal why I have a soft spot for the Reliant Scimitar!

But the Sunbeam Talbot Mark 3 was undoubtedly the most fun car I have ever owned (1968-69). It gives me quite a thrill to see beautifully presented examples such as this still gracing the roads!

Pics © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment