Friday, June 25, 2010

Moving pictures

As those who follow my blogs will know, I enjoy taking photographs and they certainly add something more to my blog posts alongside the words. A still photo, such as that of Tornado above, is all very well. But there's something missing from the experience of being at the Citadel Station in Carlisle yesterday. For a while now, I've been wondering how easy it would be to add some 'moving pictures' to my posts. Yes, I've occasionally embedded someone else's YouTube video in a post, see for example Kendel Carson here.

But tonight is a first. This is the first time I've taken the video myself, and the first time I've completed an iMovie project. And it's the first time I've ever uploaded a vid to YouTube. Here is the result of my efforts. And its embedded below, although it's bigger (and better) if you follow the YouTube link. Apologies for what is very much an amateur production, but this has been my first step on a new road, and I've many skills to learn. Nothing like a challenge, though! Feedback appreciated.



Check out another enthusiast's great video of Tornado on the main line yesterday here.

Pic of Tornado © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment