Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn at Skip

Autumn is here. Skip has seen its first frost, and the summer containers are a sorry state. The leaves are fast accumulating.

The garden has been largely ignored for the past couple of months. One word describes how its been - wet! The countryside around about is sodden.

Has the year outside been a success? I think so. My attempt to grow some veg was somewhat more successful than last year. It was a good year for potatoes certainly. I even enjoyed the taste of home grown carrots just last night.

The colourful Acer is a star in the garden at this time of year! I've not been too fit this past couple of months, but hope to be back to 100% by the time spring beckons and the new season work has to begin. I can't say I'm looking forward to the winter months, but the time spent earlier in the year making sure the woodshed is well stocked has ensured, I hope, that things will be snug and warm inside! No gallivanting off to foreign climes this winter, that's for sure. And hopefully all the pipes will stay intact this time. I wonder if we will get another severe spell, and whether we will be curling outside again?

Pics © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment