Monday, January 09, 2012

Welcome sun in January

It is so nice to see a little sun at this time of year. This is looking north from Skip. There was encouragement then to make an inspection tour of the garden, really for the first time this year, aside from a quick check to see if there had been any storm damage last week. I was curious to see if there was any signs of growth, this winter having been so mild.

Many would consider me old-fashioned, but I still like heathers and have a number in the garden. This Erica is just coming into flower.

How do I tell these crocuses in this container that they are very early!

And this double primrose has a couple of white flowers!

No sign yet of snowdrops in the garden, but do you see what I see along the roadside?

Aren't they beautiful!

Looking round the garden though, there is so much work that has to be done, and could be done, in the months ahead. I wonder if 2012 will be a good year. First priority will be to clear away all the debris from last year, but there is time yet for this. And anyway, the curling season is at its busiest!

Photos © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment