Monday, April 23, 2012

April Showers

The geans are beginning to blossom, the sun is shining, and there are just so many jobs to be getting on with in the spring garden. Keeping on top of the weeds is the priority at this time of year.

But there are lots of productive jobs to be done too. I usually try to save some money by buying some plug plants and potting them on, and growing some things from seed. But I don't have a lot of space in the porch, and I don't have a greenhouse. It will be a while before these are outside.

Outside, the hostas I have in containers get some new compost, and are beginning to show new growth.

But what's this black cloud. The sky was blue a moment ago!

An April shower, and not one to be messed with. The white stuff is hail. This taken from the shelter of the conservatory!

Did I say spring was coming? It looks like winter.

Photos © Skip Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment