Monday, May 21, 2012

Fashion Shoot at Skip

When the last Grand Match was played on the Lake of Menteith in 1979, I wore the shawl collared curling jumper that my mother had knitted for me some fifteen years before, see here. Although that historic garment still exists, it no longer fits (!) and has been donated to the Nation.

However, a chance conversation about my treasured collection of knitting patterns for such items of curling fashion, has led to Jenny Stark recreating another jumper for me. Thanks Jenny!

Skip Cottage was the location of the fashion shoot, and Robin Copland was the photographer. The 1960s corn broom is from my own curling memorabilia collection.

I'm now suitably kitted out for the next opportunity I get to curl on outside ice. Crampits and stones are ready to go. Let's hope we have a summer before then!

The pattern which Jenny used is featured in this article on the Curling History blog.

Photos © Skip Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Ah, nice to see you are alive, I was just begining to wonder!

    ReplyDelete