Saturday, July 14, 2012

Colour at Skip

If you look carefully you will see that the Virgin Pendolino has just run over the pot of gold on the West Coast Main Line! I do like rainbows.

First flower on my Bishop's Children that I grew from seed, see here and here. I have a few in the borders, and some in containers. I am sure I am not alone in saying that I would like to see some sun this summer.

Still, a few nasturtium seeds can give a lot of reward even as the rain comes down.

 I've had lots of blue and great tits on my feeders this month, but this is the first goldfinch.

And I'm pleased to report that the swallows that were checking out my shed (see here) eventually decided to set up home. I didn't want to say anything before now, but the eggs have hatched (three I think), and here are two of the chicks thinking I am the bringer of food. Actually, the parents have been working hard to keep the weans fed, even during the day. Fingers crossed.

Photos © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment