Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Signs of Spring

I had a little walk on Sunday past, up through Auchenroddan plantation, and it was good to see some signs of Spring in these snowdrops.

I found myself on top of Newbigging Hill, where there is an old trig point. Did you know you can 'collect' trig points in the sport of 'trigpointing', see here?

The photo is looking north. It was overcast, but quite mild. Not really a day for landscape photography.

However, for a few minutes the sun did try to come out. This is looking towards the east side of Broomhillbank Hill. A special spot. I've been here before, investigating the site of the Dinwoodie Graveyard, see here. The picture belies just how wet the ground is!

Tuesday morning, outside Skip. Did I say something about Spring?

Photos © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment