Saturday, March 23, 2013

What a difference a year makes

March 23. This is looking from Skip south towards Rammel Hill. Wamphray did not get the severe snow experienced by the west of Dumfries and Galloway yesterday, or even what came down last weekend. Small comfort, as the fierce cold wind made it unpleasant to be out and about today. Quite different to one year ago, see here.

 These crocuses in the garden are trying to put a brave face on it!

My first clump of daffodils are thinking about flowering, but do not seem convinced that spring is here yet!

I held the camera close by when I was working last week to see if my acrobatic pheasant would get up to his tricks again. Not only does he think he's a coal tit, but here he is complaining that the feeders are empty.

Since he seems to have adopted me, perhaps I should give him a name? How does 'Big Boy' sound?

Photos © Skip Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Bob - I did have visions of Annandale being up to its armpits in snow I must admit. The worst winters I remember there for snow were 1978 and 1982 - it was very difficult indeed at times.
    As for the pheasant - good name!
    P

    ReplyDelete