Thursday, May 01, 2014

Theft of Olympic Medals

I was set today to blog about the wonderful last week of curling at Dumfries, and how successful the historical exhibition in the Dumfries Museum had been. And how much credit has come to Dumfries and Galloway.

But I've just learned that both Olympic Gold medals from 1924 and 2002, the star attractions of the exhibition and loaned by Rhona Martin and the Royal Caledonian Curling Club, have been stolen.

I have rarely felt so upset. I can only speculate how Rhona must feel about the loss of her medal. We can but hope that the police will be able to recover these, and the other articles that were stolen from the museum last night.

I'm too upset to say anything more tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob - it s a sad world, but this sounds like a very targeted theft.
    My Dad always used to say that if it wasn't nailed down, somebody would nick it, and sadly this is evidence that the old-style D&G trust ethic is ripe for exploitation. The sharks are circling!
    Hope you're feeling a bit more chipper and that the police are getting somewhere.
    Take care
    Phil

    ReplyDelete