Sunday, June 29, 2014

Old Friends

Time for some more nostalgia. In 1980 my good friend John McFadzean suggested that we go and see Mount Everest. Well, it was to take a few years before we realised that goal, but in the interim we walked the West Highland Way, and continued to get out on the hills whenever we could. I discovered a few photos recently of one trip. That's John above. Must have been 1981, or maybe 1982.

This is where we were headed - Kinbreak bothy in Glen Kingie. I note that it still is in the care of the Mountain Bothies Association, see here.

We were with another friend, Davie Cameron. I'm not sure just what we're on top of but that is Sgurr na Ciche in the distance.

Davie took this photo of Johnnie and me at the bothy door.

And here I am with Johnnie last Monday, some thirty-four years on, the photo taken this time by May McFadzean. Less hair these days.

It was great to see old friends again!

Photos © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment