Sunday, July 13, 2014

The National Media Museum

My roving adventures continued to Bradford on Friday. The itinerary saw me on the Carlisle-Settle-Leeds line on a beautiful morning, changing at Shipley into Bradford Forster Square station. A short walk took me to the National Media Museum, the objective for the day.

This was my first visit, and I confess it has been on my 'must visit' list for a while. I was blown away. This is one of the country's best kept secrets! What a fabulous place. Good as the website might be, see here, it leaves the treasures therein waiting to be discovered, and lots of surprises. The National Media Museum is more than a 'museum'. I wanted especially to visit the photography galleries, and they did not disappoint - both the history of photography and the photographic equipment exhibits were excellent.

But so were the other floors. Nostalgia? You bet, lots of it! Helpful staff, and a superb cafe too.

A good day out then? One of the best. And I look forward to another visit to Bradford soon.

I came home a different way, via Bradford Interchange, Manchester Victoria, Wigan Wallgate, and the West Coast main line back to Lockerbie.

Photo © Skip Cottage 

No comments:

Post a Comment