Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Yellow: The Garden in March

With the first daffodils, I think I can say with some certainty that Spring has finally arrived at Skip! I do enjoy the daffs, and they are a welcome sight each year. These are Narcissus 'Jetfire' if I remember correctly, planted a couple of years back.

Thanks to the generosity of John, a neighbour, the new shrub border has new edging.

I put in some bulbs in the spaces left to allow the shrubs room to grow. Narcissus 'Tete a Tete'.

Some crocuses too. Not sure if they are really worth the effort. The show is all too brief, as they don't stand up well to rough weather of any sort, at least in my experience.

The laurel has fruits! I've now looked up Aucuba japonica 'Variegata', to find that I must have missed the 'small purple flowers'. Ah well.

Chionodoxa 'Glory of the Snow' have found a spot they like. When I took this pic, the sun was shining, but a little while later a passing shower had lots of white bits in it. 'Glory of the Snow' indeed!

Here are more, at the edge of a path. Lovely to see except I didn't plant them there. Something has moved them around!

At the bottom of the garden, the snowdrops have gone over and are looking pretty sorry for themselves, but one pioneer daffodil is a herald of lots more to come. These were all in the garden when I came here twelve years or so ago.

Tucked away in a corner is this little double primrose, bought on a whim by mail order some years ago. Magic.

And this container has just sprung to life in the past couple of days. 'Tete a tete' is the daffodil.

And some smiling faces in this little container in the shade.

Here's to a good summer pottering in the garden!

Photos © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment