Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Visitors

It was a real surprise to find this red squirrel visiting Skip on a couple of mornings last week. I assume it was just exploring new territory. I've not seen red squirrels in the garden before, although when I first came to Wamphray there were some in the forest plantation on the other side of the village.

It was great to see another visitor to Scotland recently - Flying Scotsman! We caught up at Bo'ness where the locomotive was on show for the day. A big crowd had come to see it, such is the hype surrounding this very special locomotive.

At this time of year, there is always something I like to see. I headed to Drumlanrig Castle for a bluebell experience!

The walks through the grounds of Drumlanrig are always interesting, whatever the time of year. The drifts of bluebells were spectacular last week.

This is the pets' graveyard!

What a lovely place!

Photos © Skip Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment