Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Through the lens

I visited the Lakes Aquarium at Lakeside on Lake Windermere recently, and had another go at trying to photograph some fishes through the glass. This tank held predominantly Angel fish.

 
This roach is a little bigger than I'm used to. 

 
 Some days I feel like this this when I look in the mirror!

"Who's a pretty boy, then!"

"This is my best side!"

Back at Skip, I spent ages trying to get a good pic of daddy Great Spotted Woodpecker teaching his recent fledgling where peanuts come from!

"I'm not a pheasant plucker
I'm a pheasant plucker's son
And I'm only plucking pheasants
Til the pheasant plucker comes."

"See that old bloke in there? If we stare at him long enough, he'll remember to fill the feeder!"

Photos © Skip Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Superb shots of the tropical fish at Lakeside. Either you have an excellent camera lens or an excellent eye for shots... or both! Anyway, these are fabulous photographs.

    ReplyDelete